VO2 Max Calculator
Calculate VO2 Max
Health & Fitness Calculators
- 1. What is my real fitness age?
- 2. What is my ideal body weight?
- 3. What is my BMI?
- 4. What is my body fat percentage?
- 5. How many calories do I need daily?
- 6. How much protein do I need?
- 7. What is my heart rate zone?
- 8. How many calories do I burn?
- 9. What is my VO2 Max?
- 10. What is my fat-free mass index?
- 11. My Max HR if I'm on beta-blockers?
Rockport Fitness Walking VO2 Max Test
- Choose a calm day outdoors or conduct this test using a treadmill
- Record your weight
- Conduct a moderate warm-up for 10 minutes
- Walk one mile (1609 meters) as fast as safely possible
- Record the time to complete the one mile walk
- Immediately on finishing the walk record your heart rate (beats per minute)
- Determine your VO2 max using data from your Rockport Fitness Walking Test and calculate below
For an estimate of your VO2 max enter your gender, age, weight, heart rate at the end of the test, the time to complete the walk and then select the Calculate button. Compare your result to the appropriate table, titled for men or women and organized by age group, below.
<iframe width="100%" height="540" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" src="https://tribelocus.com/vo2-max-calculator/"></iframe>
VO2 Tables Reference: The Physical Fitness Specialist Certification Manual, The Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research, Dallas TX, revised 1997 printed in Advance Fitness Assessment & Exercise Prescription, 3rd Edition, Vivian H. Heyward, 1998. p48.
Do you need to improve your cardio and heart health?
If you need help learning how to exercise to improve your cardio and heart health, find an exercise instructor by entering your city into our searchable directory. If you are a personal trainer, exercise instructor, pilates, yoga, or aerial fitness teacher, register your business, and website, in our directory so that people looking for help can contact you. Simply click on the blue triangle above to the right. Yes, it’s free – always.